Sunday, December 14, 2014

Foundation - Isaac Asimov

For this post, I am writing a simple and quick 'should you read' type short review for the first book in the Foundation trilogy. In short, yes, you should read Foundation. It definitely isn't one of my favorite books, but I can see how it's ideas have impacted science fiction as a whole. But I have many of the same gripes with it as I have with Brave New World. In both books, the info-dumping and exposition and is horrible and not exactly entertaining. I will say that I did find Foundation to be more enjoyable because I actually liked some of the characters and story arcs, even though they were only around for small portions of the book. It really is the perfect example of a space odyssey. Everything about the book felt somewhat epic and grandiose, and even if it wasn't exactly thrilling, it is a must read, at least once, for people who want to read some of the greatest and most influential science fiction of all time.
Verdict: Rent it.
Book's Page Count: 296
My Total Page Count: 1704

No comments:

Post a Comment